Greek restaurant on fire

‘The Parthenon’ on Parr Street went up in smoke today. Oddly I didn’t hear any sirens but in the corner of my eye saw smoke rising from across the road. I grabbed my camera and got this on the way. By the time I had turned the corner and got onto Parr Street the larger flames were out. The Police warned us about asbestos and annoyingly the smoke was blown onto the bars by Slater Street.

2 responses

  1. Good shot of this important fire!!
    I hope there is no victims!!

  2. Oh wow…I saw the next before I saw this…you’ve witnessed your share of disasters lately!